Our mission is to provide quality, free and low-cost immigration representation to low-income Mid-Southerners, to seek justice for the entire immigrant community, and to advocate for fair immigration policies.
MIA’s vision for the Mid-South is for all immigrants in our region to have access to quality legal immigration services and for schools, community organizations, institutions, and local governmental agencies serving immigrants to have accurate information on immigration law and policy.
- Access to Justice. MIA focuses its resources on serving the most vulnerable communities, providing representation to those who would otherwise not have access to legal services.
- Integrity and Accountability. MIA empowers its staff with the resources to maintain high standards, emphasizing impact, quality, and professional ethics in the provision of legal services.
- Partnership. MIA partners with community-based organizations, direct services providers, and other Mid-South agencies to maximize the impact of our services.
- Secular and Nonsectarian. MIA serves the immigrant community of the Mid-South regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, political opinion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, criminal history, or immigration status. Immigrants’ rights are human rights.
- Sustainability. MIA makes strategic decisions regarding programming, funding, and use of resources to ensure that the organization will be able to continue its work well into the future.