Mid-South Immigration Advocates (MIA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit immigration law firm. MIA relies on your tax-deductible donations to support our work.
Why donate to MIA?
- The government does not provide free legal defense to anyone in deportation, including children, people with disabilities, and asylum seekers.
- Victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, sexual assault, and other violent crimes may be eligible for legal status, which ensures survivors of trauma can heal with their families without fear of deportation.
- Legal representation matters! In 2017, the approval rate for asylum seekers without a lawyer was only 10%, while the approval rate for asylum seekers with representation was 46%.
- Money should never be a barrier to family unity or a life free from persecution. Our most vulnerable neighbors simply cannot afford expensive legal fees.
- Mid-South communities are stronger when we stand together!
Help us meet our match!
All donations collected from Dec. 1, 2018 to Aug. 31, 2019 will help us meet our $14,500 matching requirement for the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis Nonprofit Capacity Building grant.
Donate by mail:
Mid-South Immigration Advocates
PO Box 11185
Memphis, TN 38111
Thank you for your support!